We are nearing our final week of fun in Colorado and our list is still largely incomplete. Unfortunately I feel like our priority is now packing and moving and not so much about getting delicious happy hour deals and sight seeing around town. Surprisingly, we were able to cross a couple more things off last week although we spent half of it in California trying to find a new place to live. We got back to Denver last night and were greeted by a foot of snow which makes doing anything along the lines of errands a bit more difficult, let alone enjoyable. We'll see how much we can cross off this week but here's a little update on our list:
1. Visit Keystone, build a fire and play in the snow
2. Walk to Pinche Tacos happy hour
3. See a movie at the Denver Film Center down the street
4. See a concert or live show at a local venue
5. Happy hour margaritas on a rooftop in Boulder
6. See the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit at the Denver Art Museum
7. Return books to the library, pay fines one last time
8. Dinner at the Rio downtown
9. Visit Breckenridge & Frisco
10. Have brunch at the Greenbriar Inn where we had our reception
Instead of driving up to Boulder on the morning of my birthday ( St. Patrick's Day) Dan pulled a fast one on me and we headed downtown for a fabulous brunch at Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace, where we spent our first nights of our honeymoon! It was 2.5 hours of food-coma-inducing bliss.
11. Hapa Sushi happy hour
12. Take the New Belgium Brewery tour in Fort Collins
13. Have a dirty vanilla Russian chai from Dazbog around the corner
14. Meet Dan in Boulder for lunch
15. Visit Pearl Street and cute shops
16. Go to the Garden of the gods
17. Try to find original 1896 blue prints of our house
18. Find a coffee shop with live music
19. Walk around Cheesman Park
20. Try the new Udi's cafe down the street
21. Celebrate our birthday's!
We had a birthday-goodbye-thank you party for all our friends on St Patrick's Day which was a bittersweet blast, but we loved seeing our friends and co-workers who have made the past few years so special for us!
22. Do bad karaoke at a dive bar
(supposed to have occurred following the St Patt's shenanigans, but the party kept going until Midnight. I'm not sorry)
23. Drive up to RedRocks, stand on the stage
24. Walk around City Park
We had a beautiful sunny day, in between the massive snow storms, last week so we took the pups down to the park to play ball, chase geese, and roll in the grass. Then we followed up with their favorite treat, paw-benders (doggie-custard) from Goodtimes on the way home.
25. Pizza at the Atomic Cowboy
26. Visit 3 microbreweries around the city
27. Get ice cream at Little Man
28. Play pool at Wynkoop downtown
29. Sell our house, celebrate with dinner at Fruition
30. Have a party!!
Thank you again to all of our sweet friends who came out to celebrate with us. You will truly be missed!!
We have a big, busy week ahead! I'll keep you posted on our progress and tell you the story of how our lives were changed for the better over a slice of tiramisu.