The past week was busy for both of us at work and around the house but we still managed to have fun doing some of the things on our list, and the beautiful Spring weather has definitely helped! It's hard to believe that in just a few weeks we'll be settling into our new (yet to be determined) home in California, but we now have a pile of empty boxes in the middle of the living room, so it's starting to feel very real. I don't want to blink because I don't want to miss a second of our last days in Colorado but we are also so excited to begin this new chapter.
1. Visit Keystone, build a fire and play in the snow
2. Walk to Pinche Tacos happy hour
3. See a movie at the Denver Film Center down the street
4. See a concert or live show at a local venue
Last Saturday we went to see the incredibly talented Tyrone Wells at the Soiled Dove Underground. It was our second time seeing him there, 3rd time seeing him in Colorado, and 5th time seeing him live. Great show, great company (as in, my husband, not the crazy housewives who shouted at Tyrone the entire time)...
5. Happy hour margaritas on a rooftop in Boulder
I met the gals from my old job at Bliss in Boulder for happy hour on Weds! We tried a new place, so no rooftop, but the margaritas were good, the conversation was great, and saying goodbye was unbearable. If you are ever in Boulder, go to Bliss on 17th & Pearl Street and tell the girls I sent you. It's a little slice of heaven.
6. See the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit at the Denver Art Museum
7. Return books to the library, pay fines one last time
8. Dinner at the Rio downtown
9. Visit Breckenridge & Frisco
10. Have brunch at the Greenbriar Inn where we had our reception
11. Hapa Sushi happy hour
12. Take the New Belgium Brewery tour in Fort Collins
13. Have a dirty vanilla Russian chai from Dazbog around the corner
14. Meet Dan in Boulder for lunch
Due to some unfortunate emergency car problems, Dan's ride was in the shop for a few days, which mean we got to carpool into Boulder together (yay!). We got up there later in the day so we were able to grab lunch together before I dropped him off. It was a clear sunny day so we got to enjoy one of our favorite views of the mountains heading into town.
15. Visit Pearl Street and cute shops
I had a little bit of time before meeting the girls for happy hour in Boulder so I headed down to Pearl Street to walk around. It was a quiet afternoon but it made me miss the busy summer evenings when I would walk down after work to see a concert, go to a festival, or grab some dinner.
16. Go to the Garden of the gods
17. Try to find original 1896 blue prints of our house
I tried tracking them down at the Library but sadly they don't have any on file, but they said they do have more documents on the original owner, General Frank Hall, about whom very little is known, so I am excited to go in and try and track down some more details!
18. Find a coffee shop with live music
19. Walk around Cheesman Park
20. Try the new Udi's cafe down the street
21. Celebrate our birthday's!
22. Do bad karaoke at a dive bar
23. Drive up to RedRocks, stand on the stage
24. Walk around City Park
25. Pizza at the Atomic Cowboy
26. Visit 3 microbreweries around the city
27. Get ice cream at Little Man
I am so excited to have a last minute date with a friend and her baby girl this afternoon! When we met in college we were both newlyweds, new homeowners, and recent CA transplants!
28. Play pool at Wynkoop downtown
29. Sell our house, celebrate with dinner at Fruition
30. Have a party!!
...and I have a pretty good feeling we'll be crossing off some more of these this weekend!